- Progress 8 score: -0.15 (from starting point)* (-0.83 from KS2)
- Attainment 8 score: 40.2* (national average 42.2)
- Percentage of students achieving a good pass in English and Mathematics: 42% (national average 39.1%)
- Percentage of students achieving a standard pass in English and Mathematics: 65% (national average 63.3%)
- Student destinations: 96% in sustained destination (94% national average)
*The JCB Academy uses GL assessments as the starting point for measuring progress as learners only join the Academy at the start of year 10. Two thirds of students at The JCB Academy do not undertake five Ebacc subjects (therefore for these students although the measure is over 8 qualifications students at The JCB Academy only have 7 entries that count in this measure).
2016 GCSE Results
- 86% gained A*-C grades in Mathematics
- 70% gained A*-C grades in English
- 87% gained A*-C grades in Business
- 76% gained A*-C grades in at least one Science
- 68% of pupils achieved a grade C or above in GCSEs (or equivalent) in 5 or more subjects, including English and maths
- 78% of pupils studying English and 75% studying maths achieved at least the minimum expected levels of progress between KS2 and KS4.
The JCB Academy Performance Table
The JCB Academy Principal, Jim Wade said:
“It is very pleasing to see that for the second year running over 85% of learners achieved an A*-C in mathematics, a course so important to progressing as an engineering or business leader.
“I could not be more proud of the achievements of our young people and how the experiences they have had at The JCB Academy have prepared them for university and their future careers. Learners excel in engineering and business at the academy and it is especially pleasing when a subject such as English literature, not traditionally associated with The JCB Academy, enables two thirds of learners to achieve A*-B grades”.