What is an apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to combine on the job training with study meaning you can earn while you learn.
- With some apprenticeships you can even get a degree.
- It usually takes between one and four years to complete an apprenticeship depending on which level you take.
- Apprenticeships are available across a wide range of industries and many high quality, prestigious companies offer them.
- Pay is dependent on the industry, location and type of apprenticeship. The minimum wage for apprentices aged 16-18 is currently £3.90 per hour however many employers pay more than this and some higher apprenticeships can pay as much as £500 per week.